Great news! After almost three months waiting, orange button sky3ds+ new firmware V130 has been released today. The sky3ds+ V130 eventually supports the new encryption type and support Pokemon Sun and Moon. In this post, we will tell you how to update your sky3ds+ card to V130 and play Pokemon sun and moon games?
Sky3DS+ firmware V130 [02/13/2017]
1. Pokemon moon and sun AP check fixed. (Sky3ds+ card can support Pokemon Sun and Moon. )
2. Supports exFat (You can put Rom over 4GB to your microSD card and there is no need to trim roms over 4GB)
3. Upgrade from FAT32 SD ONLY!!(this will always be FAT32)(You must use FAT32 microSD card to update sky3ds+ firmware)
How to update sky3ds card to newest firmware V130?
1. Download firmwareV130.zip from sky3ds site download part and extract it. Copy the firmware.bin to the root ditectory of your microSD card. Alert: Your microSD card must be in FAT32 when you update sky3ds+ card firmware
2. Insert your microSD card into sky3ds+card, connect sky3ds+ and your PC with the USB cable
3. The Led red light will turn on about 30-40 seconds, then turn to the green light and keep flashing for 10 seconds, once the light turn off it means the sky3DS+ has been updated successfully.
Alert: Never unplug the USB cable while the green light keeps flashing, it might damage your sky3DS+ card!
4. Delete the firmware.bin file in your microSD card.
How to use sky3ds+ to play Pokemon sun and moon?
1. As Sky3ds+V130 supports exFat, you can format your microSD card to exFAT. Or stay in FAT32.
2. ROM of Pokemon sun/moon is over 4GB. Copy unmodified ROM to microSD card(in exFat) directly. Or trim your Rom and then copy the trimmed rom to microSD card(in FAT32)
3. Insert microSD card to sky3ds+ card and insert sky3ds+ to your 3DS. There should be game icon for Pokemon sun or moon, select it and press A to run it.
4. Now you can use your sky3ds+ card to play Pokemon sun and moon.