Great news! After almost three months waiting, orange button sky3ds+ new firmware V130 has been released today. The sky3ds+ V130 eventually supports the new encryption type and support Pokemon Sun and Moon. In this post, we will tell you how to update your sky3ds+ card to V130 and play Pokemon sun and moon games?
Sky3DS+ firmware V130 [02/13/2017]
1. Pokemon moon and sun AP check fixed. (Sky3ds+ card can support Pokemon Sun and Moon. )
2. Supports exFat (You can put Rom over 4GB to your microSD card and there is no need to trim roms over 4GB)
3. Upgrade from FAT32 SD ONLY!!(this will always be FAT32)(You must use FAT32 microSD card to update sky3ds+ firmware)
How to update sky3ds card to newest firmware V130?
1. Download firmwareV130.zip from sky3ds site download part and extract it. Copy the firmware.bin to the root ditectory of your microSD card. Alert: Your microSD card must be in FAT32 when you update sky3ds+ card firmware
2. Insert your microSD card into sky3ds+card, connect sky3ds+ and your PC with the USB cable
3. The Led red light will turn on about 30-40 seconds, then turn to the green light and keep flashing for 10 seconds, once the light turn off it means the sky3DS+ has been updated successfully.
Alert: Never unplug the USB cable while the green light keeps flashing, it might damage your sky3DS+ card!
4. Delete the firmware.bin file in your microSD card.
How to use sky3ds+ to play Pokemon sun and moon?
1. As Sky3ds+V130 supports exFat, you can format your microSD card to exFAT. Or stay in FAT32.
2. ROM of Pokemon sun/moon is over 4GB. Copy unmodified ROM to microSD card(in exFat) directly. Or trim your Rom and then copy the trimmed rom to microSD card(in FAT32)
3. Insert microSD card to sky3ds+ card and insert sky3ds+ to your 3DS. There should be game icon for Pokemon sun or moon, select it and press A to run it.
4. Now you can use your sky3ds+ card to play Pokemon sun and moon.
Nintendo 3DSv11.3.0-36 which was released last week blocks many 3ds homebrew exploits. Here comes good news. Famous 3DS developer Mr Smea has updated this payload for his exploit-Ninjhax 2.9 alpha. Now ninjhax 2.9 alpha works well on 3DSv11.3.0-36
If you have installed Ninjhax 2.8 with sky3ds+ on your 3DS, now you can update your 3DS console to 11.3 directly. You need to download the latest homebrew starter kit and scan the 17 QR code to access to homebrew launcher. Please follow Ninjhax 2.8 user instruction.
Besides, Soundhax also works on 3DSv11.3.0-36. You just need to replace the latest the otherapp.bin file on your SD card from here.
Great news! The video of sky3ds+ with new firmware V130 playing Pokemon sun and moon has been released on sky3ds official site. The video proves that the sky3ds+ new firmware V130 have bypassed the encryption type(AP check 2.0) successfully. From the video, we can see that Pokemon sun and moon works well with sky3ds+ (new firmware V130).
The official team announces that they are testing sky3ds+ V130 and will release it in this weekend. There is also another feature for this new firmware-exFAT support, which means your mciroSD card for sky3ds+ will be able to store 3ds ROMs over 4GB and there is no need to trim the Roms. This feature will enhance the user experience and make it easier to play 3ds games.
Great news! The new firmware of sky3ds+ card will be released within 3~5days which will support Pokemon sun and moon. The sky3ds official team just released this news. After long waiting, sky3ds team eventually fixed the new ap check in Pokemon sun and moon. When the installation pack for the new sky3DS+ firmware is out, you can download it and update your sky3ds+ to the latest firmware. Then you can use sky3ds+ card to play Pokemon sun and moon directly.
Nintendo 3DS team released a new firmware version-11.3.0-36 for New Nintendo 3DS, New Nintendo 3DS XL, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL, Nintendo 2DS. From its official changelog, there is no big change for this new update.
Version 11.3.0-36U available via wireless Internet connection includes the following improvements:
Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience
Does sky3ds+ and sky3ds work with 3DS v11.3.0-36U? We have updated our 3DS console to v11.3.0-36 and test 3ds games with sky3d+ and sky3ds card. Afte testing, sky3ds+ and sky3ds works on 3DSv11.3.0-36.
Sky3ds+supports Nobunaga no Yabou 2 on 3DSv11.3.0-36
Sky3ds supports Cubic Ninja on 3DSv11.3.0-36
3DS homebrew exploits on 3DSv11.3.0 36
Mr. Smea says .hax might work on 3DS11.3. But do not update your 3DS firmware version until this is a confirmation about it.
Menuhax works with 3DSv11.3, that was the last known Home Menu vuln.
Fasthax is blocked by 3DS 11.3 while sounderhax works on 11.3